Save the date!
National Odometer and Title Fraud Enforcement Association Conference
Attend the nation’s largest gathering of Odometer and Title Fraud Investigators as we meet in Nashville, Tennessee. Attend training that will help you successfully work and litigate odometer and title fraud cases and connect with industry and law enforcement who work in the odometer and title fraud area.
Hosted by the Tennessee Highway Patrol
August 23 – 27, 2015
Doubletree by Hilton
See you in August!
*MOTFEA Members will have a round table on Saturday evening, August 22nd at the Doubletree by Hilton and a business meeting on Sunday, August 23rd.
The purpose of NOTFEA is to deter odometer, rebuilt/salvage, and other title fraud through: Promoting and encouraging cooperation and fostering a working relationship among law enforcement and consumer protection agencies, licensing and motor vehicle departments, the automotive industry (including manufactures, dealers, leasing companies, and auctions), and individuals interested in deterring such fraud by developing a network of those persons and organizations;
Training NOTFEA members and the public in the detection of altered and counterfeit titles; Developing and sharing investigative information and techniques, prosecutorial documents and techniques, and other educational materials among appropriate members; Monitoring legislation as well as industry and government policies that have an effect on such fraud; and Promoting public awareness of odometer and rebuilt/salvage fraud and its economic impact.
If you have fraud to report please use this link to find out how in your state.
A Message from NOTFEA President Holly Merz
The National Odometer and Title Fraud Enforcement Association (NOTFEA), formed in 1980 to protect consumers from costly odometer and title fraud crimes. The Association has active members in every State.
NOTFEA meets once a year, to share new ideas, training and investigative methods, new criminal trends and case prosecution at the State and Federal level.
The General Nature of the Objectives and Purposes of this Association:
- To promote friendship and brotherhood between all those interested in combating odometer and title fraud.
- To establish a minimum working standard, and improve in the prosecution of crimes against odometer and title fraud, thereby rendering better protection to the consumer.
- To coordinate the exchange of techniques in training, detecting, and prosecuting odometer and title fraud.
- To improve the safety of our highways and protect our citizens by the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those enforcement agencies who may not be familiar with the laws against odometer and title fraud.
For the protection of our citizens, I challenge you to promote title and odometer fraud enforcement efforts in your jurisdiction. I hope to see you at our next conference.